City Services


The City Services Office is located at 232 W. Second Street and is the hub of City Hall.  It is here that you can pay your water bill, pick up building permits, view City Ordinances and notarize documents free of charge.

Melissa Baxter handles Accounts Payable and assists with Accounts Receivable.  She has been with the City since 1995. 

Angie Insko is the Water Utility Billing Clerk.  Angie joined the City in May 2022.


Water Billing and Payment

Byron residents can opt to receive their water bill via email. Please call City Hall at 815-234-2762 to arrange. Residents may also authorize direct debit payments for water bills by completing the form found at the bottom of this page. Residents wishing to pay electronically by credit card may click on the link found at the bottom of this page.


Permits and Licensing 


Building Permits may be found under City Departments, Building and Zoning


Solicitor/Peddler Permits

Those who wish to solicit in the City will need a solicitor or peddler permit. Solicitors and peddlers with approved permits from the City should be wearing lanyards displaying their permit(s). During the application process, solicitors and peddlers are advised that they are NOT to visit residences with "No Solicitors" signs displayed, and are only to solicit between the hours of 10 am and 7 pm. "No Solicitors" signs are available to residents, at no cost, at Byron City Hall or the Byron Police Department.

Solicitor fee: $120 for 5 days, then $25 per day (days 6-10)           Peddler fee: Without vehicle: $35    With vehicle: $70

To report any aggressive or misleading solicitors, residents are encouraged to call the Byron Police 24-hour non-emergency number, 815-732-2136.


Mobile Food Vehicle License

Mobile Food Vehicle Licenses are available for a fee of $45 for a 3-day period or $120/year. Applicants are required to submit copies of all licenses, permits or registrations required by the Health Department, Illinois Secretary of State, Illinois Department of Transportation, etc. and submit a background check. Additional details can be found on the application.


Sidewalk Cafe/Outdoor Dining Permit

Restaurants wishing to offer outdoor dining from April 1 - November 1 may apply for a permit. The fee is $50/year. A list of requirements and regulations may be found on the application.


Raffle Permit

A Raffle Permit is required for non-profit organizations that wish to conduct a raffle within the City of Byron. There is no fee for the permit.


UTV Permit

UTV permits are available through the Byron Police Department. A list of requirements and regulations may be found with the application.

Fee: $100 first year/$50 annual renewal